Urban Doctoral Fellowship
Urban Research Fellowship for Harvard Undergraduates
Research Seed Grants
BARI Urban Research Fellowship for Harvard Undergraduates
The application deadline for this fellowship is September 13, 2013.
BARI is seeking applicants for a part-time undergraduate fellowship that will run for the 2013-2014 academic year. The fellowship is open to Harvard undergraduates who have an interest in urban issues. Experience with data management and/or geographical information systems (GIS) software is valuable. Applicants must be enrolled Harvard undergraduates planning to continue their studies in the fall semester.
Fellows will work 20 hours/week and will be paid $13/hour. Fellows will work as a team to develop a set of online resources that BARI has designed to promote research and teaching focused on Boston. Projects may include:
- Preparing Boston-based data for academic and public use through BostonMap, a new, open-source, online mapping platform;
- Building a library of syllabi from courses at local universities that use Boston as part of the curriculum;
- Adding to a bibliography of scholarly books and articles that are wholly or partially about Boston;
- Carrying out other research projects that emerge over the summer.
Applicants for the fellowship should email the following materials to Dan O’Brien, BARI’s Director of Research, at BARI@radcliffe.harvard.edu.
- A brief cover letter describing why the applicant is a good fit for the position;
- A current resume;
- Contact information for two references who can speak to the applicant’s strengths.
Applications are due by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, September 13, 2013. Fellows will be announced by September 20.
Click here for a flyer describing the fellowship.